- POPE'S PRAYER INTENTIONS - AUGUST 2019
- PRAYERS FOR ĐẠI HỘI THÁNH MẪU!!!
- NEW ITEMS IN E-STORE!!!
- HOLY LAND PILGRIMAGE HAPPENING NOW!!!
- COMING TO THE PROMISED LAND CONVENTION 7 - REGISTRATION INFO!!!
- HAPPY 35 YEARS TO VEYM-USA!!! CELEBRATING 1984-2019
- OFFICIALLY SWORN IN AS NATIONAL SECRETARY OF NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE!!!
- CONGRATULATIONS TIBERIA XIII!!!
- CONGRATULATIONS LIÊN ĐOÀN RA KHƠI!!!
- ENTERING PHASE III of LIVING THE EUCHARISTIC DAY CAMPAIGN
- Living The Eucharistic Day Handbook and Prayer Card Request
- VEYM HEROES INITIATIVE
- COMING TO THE PROMISED LAND 7 - SEE YOU IN NEW MEXICO!!!
- 2019 BYLAWS!!!
- SIGNING UP FOR VEYM EMAIL ACCOUNT
- NATIONAL CATHOLIC YOUTH CONFERENCE 2019
- VEYM 2018 END OF YEAR FINANCIAL SUMMARY REPORT
- REMINDER! MEMBERSHIP DUES - SUBMIT YOURS TODAY!
- IMPORTANT - TRAINING CAMP SEASON 2019
- LIÊN ĐOÀN PHAOLÔ HẠNH HÀNH HƯƠNG
- DISCERNMENT RETREAT - DÒNG TRINH VƯƠNG
- PRAYER CORNER
POPE'S PRAYER INTENTIONS - AUGUST 2019
PRAYERS FOR ĐẠI HỘI THÁNH MẪU!!!
UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT to all TNTT members attending Marian Day in Missouri:
Ngay sau thánh lễ Thiếu Nhi tại Đồi Canvê lúc 12 giờ trưa Thứ Bảy, xin quý Trưởng và quý Trợ Tá cùng ở lại tham dự buổi họp về những trách nhiệm trong phần rước kiệu cung nghinh Mẹ Fatima vào chiều Thứ Bảy. Tất cả các thành viên sẽ theo sự hướng dẫn của Tr. Vân (LĐP Quản Trị JP2) để cho việc rước kiệu được nghiêm trang và trật tự.
Tr. Thi Christine Lâm và Tr. Thảo Theresa Lâm sẽ phụ trách phần thổi bong bóng.
Xin cám ơn sự cộng tác của quý Trưởng. Xin quý Trưởng nhắc nhở các em mặc đồng phục chỉnh tề (full uniform).
Tr. Van (LĐPQT JP2) will be in charge. Tr. Christine and Tr. Theresa are responsible for balloons. In effort to organize for the solemn procession honoring our Lady of Fatima at Marian Days, we ask that all youth leaders (Huynh Trưởng) and laypersons (Trợ Tá) stay back for a quick meeting to discuss about our responsibilities after the VEYM mass at Calgary Hill on Saturday at 12PM.
Please join us in praying for the safety and well-being of those who will be attending the Marian Day. May their pilgrimage be holy and spiritually enlightening. God bless!!!
ANNOUNCEMENT from TNTT CHOIR at DHTM:
Choir practice for Thiếu Nhi Thánh Thể mass will be at the main platform at 10:00AM Saturday. All members of VEYM are welcomed and please join us in full uniform.
Để chuẩn bị cho thánh lễ của TNTT tại Đại Hội Thánh Mẫu, ca đoàn Thiếu Nhi sẽ tập hát tại Lễ Đài lúc 10 giờ sáng. Xin mời gọi quý thành viên của Phong Trào cùng tham gia và xin mặc đồng phục đầy đủ.
Please be on time. Xin đến đúng giờ.
NEW ITEMS IN E-STORE!!!
We are excited to announce two new services available to our members!
First, you can now purchase a dial-in phone number for your Teams or Skype for Business meetings. This is very useful for those who cannot join your meetings using those apps but still need to join audibly using a phone number to call in.
Second, while we encourage you to use the Microsoft Office cloud offerings already available on your VEYM account for applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, you can now purchase an Office 365 ProPlus subscription at a discount so you can download and install them to your computer and use them anytime.
HOLY LAND PILGRIMAGE HAPPENING NOW!!!
COMING TO THE PROMISED LAND CONVENTION 7 - REGISTRATION INFO!!!
After meeting with representatives from our Leagues to Chapters to set the initial registration effort, Ban Chấp Hành Trung Ương is excited to announce, the Coming to the Promised Land National Convention 7 (Đại Hội Về Đất Hứa Toàn Quốc 7) registration is LIVE at vdh7.veym.net
Formal announcement and specific registration guidelines forthcoming. A special thank you to all Leagues of Chapters and our IT team in making this possible. Note, early bird rate available and TBA scholarship and fundraising opportunities. Register early and save!!! https://vdh7.veym.net/registration
HAPPY 35 YEARS TO VEYM-USA!!! CELEBRATING 1984-2019
35 years of blessings - Our General Chaplains and Presidents of the National Executive Committee:
Cha Dominio Vũ Thanh Tường: 1984-1984 (deceased)
Đức Ông Francis Phạm Văn Phương: 1984-2001
Cha Gioan Baotixita Chu Vinh Quang: 2001-2007
Cha Francis Xavier Trần Quốc Tuấn: 2007-2012
Cha Francis Xavier Nguyễn Thanh Bình, SVD: 2012-2018
Cha Francis Xavier Nguyễn Thanh Bình, SVD: 2018-2024 (present)
2014 - 2018; Giuse Đào Văn Đức Duc Van Dao
2010 - 2014; Giuse Đào Văn Đức
2007 - 2010; Giuse Nguyễn Đức Thanh
2004 - 2007; Antôn Nguyễn Ngọc Linh Nguyễn Ngọc Linh
2001 - 2004; Antôn Nguyễn Ngọc Linh
1998 - 2001; Giuse Nguyễn Đình Mạnh Trường
1995 - 1998; Giuse Nguyễn Đình Mạnh Trường Joseph Nguyen
1992 - 1995; Anthony Phạm Ngọc Anh
1989 - 1992; Anthony Phạm Ngọc Anh
1986 - 1989; Phêrô Nguyễn Văn Liêm
1984 -1986; Phêrô Nguyễn Văn Liêm
Thanks be to God and Mary (notice both are in the picture) for sending these servant leaders and for all leaders who have served at the League of Chapters (Region) Chapter levels. With much love!!! United in Prayers!!! Amen!!
OFFICIALLY SWORN IN AS NATIONAL SECRETARY OF NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE!!!
CONGRATULATIONS TIBERIA XIII!!!
Thanks be to God for His everlasting love!!! Tiberia XIII ended with a strong group of faithful servants who are excited and ready to continue their journey to serve TNTT! We are forever grateful for their service and dedication to VEYM/TNTT. May God continue to bless them with abundant grace and strength so they can continue to serve His children with great love and humility!
CONGRATS Tiberians 13!!!
CONGRATULATIONS LIÊN ĐOÀN RA KHƠI!!!
ENTERING PHASE III of LIVING THE EUCHARISTIC DAY CAMPAIGN
Living the Eucharistic Day national campaign is now well into Phase III from August 1st through September 30th. Please continue to remind your youth and help them understand the different components of it. Leave no youth member behind. We need your support. #sntt
Phase 3: Sign of the Cross in the morning, noon and night; Day and Night Offering Prayer; Reflection, Act of Contrition and Holy Communion or Spiritual Communion
Order your Sống Ngày Thánh Thể handbook and prayer cards here .
VEYM HEROES INITIATIVE
In conjunction with the National Living the Eucharistic Day Campaign, the VEYM Heroes Initiative is also at full speed ahead. Let's be disciples and witnesses to the Good News through our apostolic works.
Plan and execute a charity project with your chapter to service the community and you could receive 10K to sustain your effort. All projects will receive cash awards. One project will receive 10K. Winners will be announced at #VDH7. Speak to your League of Chapters (Liên Đoàn) for additional information.
Please see official announcement and video, and SERVE. Please share
COMING TO THE PROMISED LAND 7 - SEE YOU IN NEW MEXICO!!!
#VDH7, July 2-5, 2020, at camp Glorieta in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Where you can also see and retrieve "holy dirts", see the miraculous stairs credited to St. Joseph, pray at the oldest church in the continental US, and venerate the relics of the True Cross, the veil of the Virgin Mary and other relics. The city of Santa Fe itself is also one of the world’s top award-winning and most beloved destinations rich in traditions and cultures.
Blessed to have TNTT Đoàn Đức Mẹ LaVang here to give us a sample taste of Santa Fe, which means Holy Faith.
Below are several of many must see destinations before or after VDH7 next year:
*El Santuario de Chimayo houses a room where the original holy dirt is accessible to anyone who makes the pilgrimage. Countless miracles were attributed to the holy dirt and this shrine is a National Historic Landmark receiving almost 300,000 visitors per year and has been called "no doubt the most important Catholic pilgrimage center, the "Lourdes of the United States".
A special prayer was prayed at Chimayo for our Church, our countries, our VEYM/TNTT, and for our convention, Về Đất Hứa 7.
*San Miguel Mission, also known as San Miguel Chapel, is a Spanish colonial mission church in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Built between approximately 1610 and 1626, it is the oldest known church in the continental United States. Wow!!!
*The Loretto Chapel, known for its mystical helix-shaped spiral staircase that is physicially impossible to function as a stairs. The Sisters of Loretto credited St. Joseph with its construction.
*St. Francis Assisi Cathedral and the holy relics wall, containing a piece of the True Cross, the veil of Mary, Mother of God, and many more relics.
*Santa Fe plaza, filled with authenic cuisines and rich in arts and cultural display of the local occupants.
More importantly, the warm hospitality of the HTs from Đoàn Đức Mẹ Lavang will leave you feeling like home. See you soon!
SIGNING UP FOR VEYM EMAIL ACCOUNT
We're excited to announce the general availability of signing up for a VEYM account (@veym.net). Your VEYM account is your single identity moving forward. This account will be used to sign into many of VEYM's online services. Please send VEYM/TNTT related emails from your VEYM account as well for data privacy and security reasons. Treat it as any other work or school email. We know we know... another email?? Don't worry the transition is seamless and we're here :to help you be successful with your account and all the benefits that it comes with!
You will have the ability to access the VEYM inbox, Microsoft Office 365, OneDrive, Skype for Business, and many more! You can access them by going to www.office.com. Many of these applications also have a mobile version. Just search the Google Play Store or Apple App Store for them, especially for Outlook and Teams. They are convenient and powerful tools to have at your hands, especially in your service to VEYM.
You can sign up at https://signup.veym.net. Please DO NOT sign up again if you already have an account. You will receive more info after you sign up.
Additionally, our new technical support portal is available. You can visit https://support.veym.net for constantly updated "how-to" articles and solutions to common questions with your VEYM account and Office 365. You can also submit technical support tickets here and track the progress as well (as long as you're using your VEYM email).
The VEYM is grateful for the VEYM IT Team, which are many, for all the hard work that they've done over the past few months. Special acknowledgement to Tr. Vien M Hua (Ủy Viên Kỹ Thuật), Tr. Dao, Tr. Tommy, and Tr. Vinh whose hard work made all the above possible.
NATIONAL CATHOLIC YOUTH CONFERENCE 2019
The NCYC is a gathering of 25,000+ youth that is hosted by the National Federation of Catholic Youth Ministry. The conference takes place every two years, and includes workshops, prayer times, and many activities that will inspire and move youth in their faith journeys. NCYC’s goal is to help youth encounter Christ, experience church, and be empowered for discipleship.
In 2017, the Vietnamese Eucharistic Youth Movement (VEYM) was asked to participate in NCYC in a very special way – leading the conference opening procession, performing a cultural dance in the opening ceremony and serving in the opening prayer session. We had over 35 VEYM members from various Chapters in Liên Đoàn John Paul 2 and Liên Đoàn Joan of Arc, formally known as Miền Trung and Miền Đông Nam respectively, there to participate. It was an amazing opportunity for our youth to share their love for Christ with the young Church of America. Videos of their participation can be found here at https://youtu.be/xpo6FvT2IS8 and https://youtu.be/qtW0ET-KLFc.
The next NCYC is from November 21-23, 2019, in Indianapolis, Indiana. The event is open to 9th-12th graders, recent high school graduates, and their chaperones. NCYC is a great opportunity for our young Vietnamese Catholics to experience the universal Church outside of our own parishes. Therefore, all Chapters are encouraged to prayerfully consider attending the 2019 NCYC. Our strong attendance at NCYC also helps to promote the diversity of the Catholic Church in America, and we would be so excited to have you represent VEYM at a national event like this!
How to Register:
NCYC accepts and processes registrations by Diocesan delegation only. Therefore, any VEYM Chapters or that would like to coordinate your group to attend, must register through your local diocese delegation. Many dioceses are beginning to promote registration within their dioceses already. Because the travel distance is different for every delegation, cost to attend varies by diocese and typically includes travel, lodging and conference fee. There are also opportunities through the National Federation of Catholic Youth Ministers for youth scholarships.
If you are interested in taking a group from your Chapter or League, please contact Tr. Chi Pham Liz Chi Pham at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on scholarship and early-bird registration for NCYC is June. Tr. Chi will help get you connected to your diocesan delegation, keep you informed of scholarship opportunities, help us coordinate any specific VEYM activities while at NCYC, etc. Tr. Chi Pham will also be representing the VEYM and coordinating with all Chapters/League of Chapters in attendance.
At 1.02 seconds. VEYM/TNTT at the National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) in 2017. For more info on the next NCYC 2019, please see FB feed and speak with Tr. Liz Chi Pham. As of now, we have a delegation of 40 members representing the VEYM/TNTT.http://www.ncyc.info/
VEYM 2018 END OF YEAR FINANCIAL SUMMARY REPORT
REMINDER! MEMBERSHIP DUES - SUBMIT YOURS TODAY!
IMPORTANT - TRAINING CAMP SEASON 2019
Mùa huấn luyện sa mạc của chúng ta đã bắt đầu, xin thay mặt Ban Chấp Hành Trung Ương gởi đến quý Trưởng những đơn và thủ tục để hoàn tất phần phúc trình sa mạc. Thêm vào đó, để bảo vệ chúng ta và tránh những trường hợp dính liếu đến luật pháp, xin quý Trưởng lưu ý đến những điều sau:
BEFORE CAMP (Ban Tổ Chức & Sa Mạc Trưởng)
1. All camps must have liability insurance for the training camp hosted. Please contact Tr. Biên Nguyễn (VP Admin Affairs) at email@example.com if you require assistance in securing liability insurance.
2. All camp participants (Tuyên Úy, Trợ Úy, HLVs, HTs, Trợ Tá, and Sa Mạc Sinh) must be an official member of the VEYM. As such, all camp participants must have a valid membership ID number and Chapter is current with annual membership dues. Please contact Tr. Viễn Hứa (Ủy Viên Kỷ Thuật, BCHTU) at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance as needed.
3. All camp participants (Tuyên Úy, Trợ Úy, HLVs, HTs, Trợ Tá, Parents, Helpers, Guest Speakers, and Sa Mạc Sinh) must be 18 years or older, especially with Cấp 1, please ensure an ID verification process is in place to prevent minors from participating.
4. All camp participants (Tuyên Úy, Trợ Úy, HLVs, HTs, Trợ Tá, Parents, Helpers, Guest Speakers, and Sa Mạc Sinh) must sign the liability waiver form attached. Those needing clarification on the liability form, please provide ample time for participants to ask questions and receive adequate response.
5. All HLVs must have current HLV faculty status with HLV ID card in order to train at camp.
6. Send a copy of the camp agenda and roster of SMS to Ban Chấp Hành Trung Ương at email@example.com two(2) weeks before the start of the training camp.
DURING CAMP (Sa Mạc Trưởng/Ban Huấn Luyện)
Theo lời yêu cầu của Cha Tổng Tuyên Úy và Ban Chấp Hành Trung Ương, xin quý Trưởng thực tập và nhấn mạnh 2 điều sau:
1. Emphasize to all training camp participants that their training as a Youth Leader does not end after Cấp 1, but ongoing and at minimum, at the completion of Cấp 3 Lãnh Đạo, Tiberia. BCHTU will open more Tiberia as needed to accommodate the needs of Phong Trào. We have approximately 80 applicants this year, a true blessing.
2. Pray the Anima Christi after Communion during Mass to help các sa mạc sinh grow closer to Christ and be united with Him in His Passion. St. Alphonsus Liguori once wrote “there is no prayer more dear to God than that which is made after communion.” He continued that our loving thoughts and prayers after communion have greater merit then than otherwise “because they are then animated by the presence of Jesus Christ, who is united to our souls.” Please see attachment in both English and Vietnamese.
AFTER CAMP (Sa Mạc Trưởng/Ban Huấn Luyện)
1. Please complete the training camp report (to be completed by SMT) attached and send back to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days after camp.
2. Please make available asap the link for Sa Mạc Sinh (only) to evaluate the camp immediately after the training camp: https://goo.gl/forms/rehzVzly2O4srOiJ3 (all camps will use the same link).
3. Please make available asap the link for Ban Huấn Luyện (only) to evaluate the Camp Master immediately after the training camp: https://goo.gl/forms/gBdZeMwTDGXmMQxG2(all camps will use the same link).
On behalf of the National Executive Committee (Ban Chấp Hành Trung Ương), thank you for your ongoing support, service and love to Phong Trào.
In His Love,
Đaminh Hoàng Công Thái Dương
President, National Executive Committee
Facebook: Veym-Usa Tntt
LIÊN ĐOÀN PHAOLÔ HẠNH HÀNH HƯƠNG
DISCERNMENT RETREAT - DÒNG TRINH VƯƠNG
- The Vietnamese Eucharistic Youth Movement (VEYM/TNTT) is deeply saddened at the loss of Matta Trần Thị Tý, grandmother of Tr. Phan Xuân Thịnh, Phan Như Quỳnh, Phan Xuân Diệp & Ân Như Thiên Hà (PNH Đoàn Phêrô & Phaolô - Orlando), Liên Đoàn Joan d'Arc. Please accept our condolences and may our prayers help comfort you and your family and hasten the journey of Matt’s to Heaven. May Jesus in the Eucharist, through the intercession of Mary, have mercy on Matt’s and deliver Matta to His Heavenly Kingdom. Amen!
- The Vietnamese Eucharistic Youth Movement (VEYM/TNTT) is deeply saddened at the loss of Marco Ngô Quốc Tùng, father of HSTT Timmy Ngô and HS Ann Ngô, Đoàn Kitô Vua Denver, LĐ JP2. Please accept our condolences and may our prayers help comfort you and your family and hasten the journey of Marco to Heaven. May Jesus in the Eucharist, through the intercession of Mary, have mercy on Marco and deliver Marco to His Heavenly Kingdom. Amen!